Trademark, Copyright & Other Intellectual Property Litigation
- After two weeks of jury trial in Los Angeles, obtained a
settlement in favor of defendants sued for trademark infringement in
connection with the manufacture and sale of high fashion watches.
- Defending a developer of educational software in a case,
pending in the District of Utah, asserting copyright infringement and
seeking more than $35 million in damages
- Represented a national organization in the Central District of California in an action, now on appeal after prevailing on summary judgment, asserting cyber-squatting, unfair competition and breach of contract claims.
- Defending a Washington company sued in Idaho for alleged misappropriation of trade secrets and various business tort claims.
- Represented a Texas company in the District of Idaho in an
action, now settled, asserting claims and counterclaims for copyright
infringement, cyber piracy, unfair competition, and misappropriation of
trade secrets involving digital media learning labs and content.
- Obtained a permanent injunction in an action on behalf of a
national testing organization asserting copyright infringement and
misappropriation of trade secret claims in the Central District of
- Represented a District of Columbia corporation in a copyright
case, filed in the District of Hawaii, involving the online publication
and sale of copyrighted works.
- Secured a dismissal, on motion for summary judgment, in favor of
a leading Mexican restaurant company defending claims involving the
company's famous talking Chihuahua icon and related intellectual
- Represented the interests of a famous NASA astronaut, in the
Central District of California, in a dispute, now settled, involving the
unauthorized use of his image and likeness for commercial purposes.
- Represented a company in Idaho litigation involving a software
development project and the underlying copyrights and other rights to
intellectual property and certain proprietary and confidential
- Defended a network marketing company in the District of Idaho,
in a case involving claims of alleged misappropriation of trade secrets,
unfair competition and various business torts.
- Representing the interests of a famous test pilot, in the District of Utah, in connection with the unauthorized use of his image and likeness for commercial purposes.
- Representing a company in the Western District of Washington
against claims of copyright infringement and unfair business practices.
- Defending a Colorado company in an action pending in the
District of Utah involving claims of trade dress infringement and unfair
- Defended a non-profit association and individual defendants in
an action in California federal court, against copyright infringement
claims concerning various works of disputed authorship, including audio